Back in 1888 Myron C. Combs founded the original Meserole Funeral Home conducting funerals form a small two room one story building on Lord Ave. For many years Mr. Combs was the only funeral director in the area known as “The Rockaways”. In 1921 Frank D. Meserole after becoming a licensed funeral director joined his uncle in the business. In 1923 when Mr. Combs died Frank took over the business. A modern new building on the corner of Lord and Wanser Ave. was constructed and opened in 1928. After some time Frank’s son F. Wesley Meserole became a licensed funeral director and joined his father in 1931. Ten years later F. Wesley Meserole’s wife Georgina became a licensed director and assisted her husband in running the business.